COGNITIVELY GUIDED INSTRUCTION BLENDED LEARNING
What are your students bringing to the Math Table?
What do their strategies and explanations tell you about their conceptual understanding?
What questions can you ask to help move students to the next level? Spend the year learning, exploring, and practicing the Cognitively Guided Instruction (CGI) philosophy with colleagues and students through this Blended Learning Opportunity. Participants must purchase the book: Children’s Mathematics Cognitively Guided Instruction by Carpenter, et al (second edition)Participants will:
- Develop an understanding of Cognitively Guided Instruction
- Explore and refine CGI strategies
- Lunch is on your own
Math Teachers of grades K-6
ADVANCED INSTRUCTIONAL COACHING COHORT (YEAR 2)
Spend the year learning, enhancing, and practicing the art of instructional coaching with colleagues and instructional coaches. Experience this Blended Learning Opportunity where participants will meet face to face, further their learning within on-line book studies, and choose from Blended Learning Opportunities in which participants will work collaboratively with HCESC’s team of instructional coaches.Participants will:
- Set instructional coaching goals for the year.
- Continue honing their coaching skills.
- Compile additional strategies for working with teachers.
- Benefit from coaching feedback provided by HCESC Instructional Coaches.
2014-2015 and 2015-2016 participants of Instructional Coaching Cohort 1 at Hamilton County ESC or Coaches with several years of coaching experience.